Extreme sport enters the digital age: with GuideBase, the journey for mountain sports enthusiasts now starts with a simple online booking experience. Based on the model of successful online platforms like Airbnb, we at GuideBase.com, a Munich-based startup, are pioneering a means of directly bringing together adventure-seekers with certified mountain guides and ski instructors.
Whether you want to experience some backcountry skiing or take an alpine tour of Mont Blanc, GuideBase is the place for you.
Safety is of upmost importance: only professional state-certified IFMGA mountain guides, ISIA certified ski instructors, or ski schools with similarly verifiable certifications are allowed to offer their services on GuideBase. Our clients are always in safe hands.
For mountain lovers:
- Search for guides and instructors by activity or location
- Great snowfall last night? Last-minute bookings now possible
- Chat directly with your guide using the built-in GuideBase Messenger
- Book using all common methods of online payment
- Use the GuideBase app on the go
- GuideBase verifies all mountain guides
- A personal profile shows every guide’s level of certification, description, spoken languages and more
- Guides can market their services with ease to a global customer base
- GuideBase allows guides to manage their digital payments painlessly
- Guides can work more days per year and earn more per day
An open, mutual review system helps alpine enthusiasts easily find precisely the right guide, even at a personal level. Using the GuideBase website and app is free and it takes less than a minute to open an account.
The GuideBase founders Henning Rehder and Jonas Kronwitter have plans to expand the business beyond the Alps to an even wider global audience in 2016.